Hambly & Woolley is an award-winning, multidisciplinary graphic design firm, operating out of its own unique, Leslieville studio. With a friendly and positive working environment, our team of 12 provides clients with an unparalleled level of service and best-in-class design solutions. Our firm has grown in scope, recognition and reputation over more than twenty-five years, working in both the public and private sectors on interesting and complex projects.
Hambly & Woolley (H&W) is in search of a talented UI/UX designer who has a passion for creative and conceptual solutions, a solid understanding of strategy and a passion for creating experiences that connect on a human and emotional level.
You’ll work on a variety of projects in the private and public sector, including the creation of digital properties at various scales for platforms such as WordPress, through to proprietary Content Management Systems. You will be involved in every phase of web projects including stakeholder meetings, information architecture and wireframe development, user flows, concept through to final design, asset production for developers, user acceptance testing and content population. You’ll work closely with our development partners, other members of the design team, and have the opportunity to learn from terrific mentors. You will also interact directly with clients, and be part of client-facing meetings and presentations.
You’re great at expressing your ideas and you welcome feedback and collaboration as a natural part of the creative process. You have a portfolio that demonstrates creative problem solving and excellent design execution. While resumés and portfolios are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team — a team who works hard and is always striving to do its best. Hambly & Woolley Inc. offers a working environment that promotes teamwork, tolerance, and creativity.
- A Bachelor’s degree, Post-graduate program or College Diploma in design
- Between 2 to 4 years of related experience in UI/UX design
- Fluent in English, oral and written
- Proficient in Mac OS
- Expertise in Adobe XD and Photoshop, Figma and prototyping apps such as Invision (or equivalent)
- In-depth knowledge of working in WordPress (creating content using page builders and Gutenberg modules)
- Ability to produce interactive or animated prototypes to inspire client understanding
- Deep understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Familiarity with AODA standards for web and PDF
- Some background in motion design or RGD accreditation is a bonus
- Ability to see big picture opportunities and deliver compelling creative execution
- Excellent conceptual and typographic skills
- Strength in identity design
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to help other team members
- Ability to express and present ideas to the studio and to clients
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Confident, passionate, and pro-active with a strong desire to learn
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Ability to “own” your projects from beginning to end
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical proficiency in necessary design software
- Immediate, full-time (with a three-month evaluation period)
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits plan
How To Apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume as well as a comprehensive portfolio (not exceeding 5mb) or link to online portfolio to: email@example.com
All applications will be held in strict confidence. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.